21 May The VIVA Standard: Health, Safety & Cleanliness
Our studio doors are reopening on Saturday June 13 with the VIVA Standard of Healthy and Safety in place.
Classes will look a little different from what it was like pre-COVID. We’ve implemented additional measures to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff. The following measures in immediate effect as part of VIVA’s reopening strategy, from Saturday the 13th of June:
- Class numbers have been reduced to ensure social distancing requirements outlined by the government
- Hand sanitiser at the entry of all VIVA Studios – class participants must sanitise before and after classes
- Socks & Towels will be compulsory in ALL classes
- Anti-Bacterial wipes to clean machines and mini equipment at the end of each class.
- Classes now have a 10-minute window to ensure for adequate cleaning time and to allow for previous participants to exit the studio
- Entry to the studio for classes will only be permitted 5 minutes prior to a class
- We ask that toilet facilities are only be used in extreme cases
DETAILED EQUIPMENT CLEANING
The commercial-grade disinfecting wipes we use to clean the equipment after every class are alcohol-based and therefore highly effective at combating germs.
As per our standard operations, after your class, you will be guided to thoroughly wipe down ALL the equipment – reformers, springs, footbar, reformer box, block, magic circle, booty bands and weights if used.
Each studio has multiple dispensers of alcohol-based sanitisers throughout the studio to sanitise your hands on entry and after class.
INTENSIVE, DEEP STUDIO CLEANS
A rigorous deep clean of all equipment, studios, and common areas are being undertaken daily.
SINGLE USE GLOVES AVAILABLE
We are also making single-use rubber gloves available in each studio, free of charge, if you wish to use them.
SOCKS & TOWELS COMPULSORY
Socks and towels are compulsory in every class. They will be made available from your studio, should you wish to purchase Pilates specific grip-socks and custom Reformer towels (coming soon).
NO HANDS-ON INSTRUCTING APPROACH
Our Instructors will use verbal and visual cues only, to help minimise any health risks. You’ll continue to receive the same amazing workout experience that you’re used to, only safer for all, given the current circumstances.
COVID SAFE PLAN
All of our studios have a COVID safe plan which provides a framework for managing risks associated with COVID-19 within our VIVA Pilates Studios. It has been approved and developed as a minimum standard and identifies the unique risks related to COVID-19 within our studios, and provides specific protocols to manage these. All staff have completed the COVID-19 certificate.
FAQ FOR MEMBERS
What will happen to my membership?
Your direct debit membership will automatically reinstate!
From the week of the 15th of June your direct debit membership will automatically reactivate. No action is required by you.
If you would like to extend the suspension currently in place please contact admin on email@example.com
I had a class pack with sessions remaining, what happens now?
Your class pack expiry has automatically been extended for a further 4 months from the 13th of June.
Is my studio access the same as before?
Yes! Our class timetable and booking window (7 days in advance) remains the same. There is now a 10-minute gap between classes to monitor numbers and all class sizes are smaller for social distancing requirements too.
Can I still access VIVA At-Home?
Those muscle-shaking, feel-good vibes won’t stop from us! VIVA At-Home is here to stay!
If you’d like to continue with studio classes + our on-demand platform, we have a special package available for VIVA direct debit members. Keep your eyes peeled for an email landing in your inbox about this or feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New, online workout and more speciality programs will be landing in VIVA At-Home every month.
What is expected of me to help minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19?
We are asking for our members assistance in keeping the studios safe and clean. It would be very much appreciated if our members could adopt the following precautionary measures in order to safeguard public health and safety:
- Please do not attend the studios for 14 days if you have returned from overseas travels ANYWHERE in line with current government advice.
- Please do not attend the studio if you are unwell or have symptoms of a cold, flu or other illness (including coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath or fever).
- Please advise VIVA Pilates Studios if you have come into contact with this Virus.
- Thoroughly wipe down all class equipment with the antibacterial wipes provided.
- Place a towel on reformer and mats (the towel must be bigger than a hand towel).
- If you are participating in a class, please bring your own mat if you can. If not please make sure you are placing a towel on the mat and thoroughly wiping down the mat after your class.
- Use the santisier station before class starts and when leaving. Please avoid touching your face, mouth and eyes as much as possible while in the studios
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately. However, as mentioned above please do not come to the studios if you are coughing or sneezing.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience:
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
- Shortness of breath