17 Mar VIVA Pilates Studios COVID-19 FAQs
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS
Can I still come to Pilates?
Our Team is Ready and Accessible!
At this stage all our studios are open and operating as normal. We’re monitoring Government mandates and recommendations and these are changing daily.
We will continue to host small classes, and will revise class size numbers where needed.
We are also working hard behind the scenes. Our team is accessible via email and phone, any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our members and team. Circumstances around COVID-19 are changing rapidly so we will review our policies regularly. In the meantime, staying connected to others is more important than ever, so we’ll keep you updated by email and Instagram/Facebook should anything at our end change.
Can I suspend my membership or pack?
Of course we can help you suspend your membership! If neither of our online options work for you, simply email the studios (email@example.com) and one of our friendly team will be able to assist you with your request.
Can I get my VIVA fix from home?
Those muscle-shaking, feel-good vibes won’t stop from us! We’ll be delivering more content for our VIVA family to help your health and wellness goals stay on track!
If you prefer the flexibility of being able to work out anytime, we’ll also have access to VIVA On Demand! Where you can choose from an ever-evolving library of classes that are all different styles and suitable for all levels!
Active Direct Debit Members: while your membership is active this service is free for you! Email us to set this up!
If you have already suspended and would like to access Viva At-Home email us & we’ll get you started!
It was in our pipeline to be released January 2021 but we’ve worked around the clock & we’re live!
You’ll receive global, 24/7 access to an ever-evolving library of inspiring, dynamic, world-class workouts. Ranging from Matwork Pilates, Barre, HIIT, Tone & Flow classes.
Class Pack Holders: a monthly subscription is available if you’re currently at home, busy with family, or can’t make it into our studios plus a 7 day trial.
VIVA Pilates At-Home is your solution to take control of your wellbeing.
What's VIVA Pilates doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
As a valued member of VIVA Pilates Studios, your health and well-being remains our highest priority. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and following all government mandates. Whilst VIVA Pilates Studios has had no individuals with a confirmed case of COVID-19, our first priority is to ensure we are being proactive for the safety of our members, and staff.
Please be assured that VIVA Pilates Studios is doing everything we can to ensure the cleanliness of the gym including:
- Removal of cloths for reformer wipe-down, now being cleaned after every use with antibacterial solution, without exception
- Recommended personal hygiene such as regular hand washing
- Instructors will verbally cue and demonstrate exercises, refraining from hands on adjustments
- It is mandatory that you bring a small towel and wear socks in class. Grip-socks are available to purchase in studio
- Instructors and members who do not feel well are requested to rest at home.
- Educating and reminding members of hygiene and cleanliness best practices
What can our members do to our help us minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19?
We are asking for our members assistance in keeping the studios safe and clean. It would be very much appreciated if our members could adopt the following precautionary measures in order to safeguard public health and safety:
- Please do not attend the studios for 14 days if you have returned from overseas travels ANYWHERE in line with current government advice.
- Please do not attend the gym if you are unwell or have symptoms of a cold, flu or other illness (including coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath or fever).
- Please advise VIVA Pilates Studios if you have come into contact with this Virus.
- Thoroughly wipe down all class equipment BEFORE and AFTER use including top and bottom of the equipment including small apparatus in the studios
- Place a towel on reformer and mats (the towel must be bigger than a hand towel).
- If you are participating in a class, please bring your own mat if you can. If not please make sure you are placing a towel on the mat and thoroughly wiping down the mat after your class.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before starting a workout and when finishing your workout. Please avoid touching your face, mouth and eyes as much as possible while in the studios
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately. However, as mentioned above please do not come to the studios if you are coughing or sneezing.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience:
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
- Shortness of breath
How does COVID-19 spread?
There is evidence that the virus spreads from person-to-person.
The virus is most likely spread through:
- Close contact with an infectious person
- Contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
- Touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face
There is currently no evidence showing that the virus can be transmitted through sweat. However, it is still good hygiene to wipe down all equipment used no matter if you have left sweat droplets or if you have simply just used the machine to warm up and left no sign of perspiration.
You have touched the machine in some way by doing your warm up and therefore need to wipe it down in case you have left any bacteria from your hands, mouth or nose on the machine. This is good gym etiquette always!
Everyone should practise good hygiene to protect against infections. Good hygiene includes:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water (you must wash your hands thoroughly and for at least 20-30 seconds)
- Using a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoiding close contact with others, such as touching